Monday, February 26, 2018

Finished Pink Squares for the "Tat a Monument in Pink" Project

I have not forgotten that I have a blog, though it may appear so.  Finding time for working on this blog in the midst of a busy schedule is where I have failed.

I regularly write and send out the newsletter for my local Fiber Guild.  That goes out twice a month, a few days before our meetings.  I also take care of emails and the Member Contact list for the guild.

I tat, craft, and occasionally think to myself, "This would be good for the blog."  So there are a number of photos and subjects waiting...

A few weeks ago, I heard about an international project to decorate a Brussels monument with pink tatted squares to bring attention to tatting lace as an art and women's rights all over the world.  It is being organized by Cathy De Greef (Canarithy) to coincide with the World Lace Congress in Brugge in August 2018.  You can read more about it on her website and on Facebook.

I was glad to get my squares finished and mailed off last week!


Patterns Used: 
Square by Cathy De Greef (Canarithy), Posted on her Website and on Facebook
Alternative Brussels Square by Jane McLellan, Posted on her Blog
Another Square by Carollyn Brown, Posted on her Blog
Weldon's Square Medallion, Posted by Milly Suazo on Facebook



Threads Used: 
Lizbeth #20-621 (Dusty Rose Lt.)
Lizbeth #20-145 (Pink Parade)
Lizbeth #20-620 (Azalea Med.)
Lizbeth #20-176 (Pink Blossoms)
Lizbeth #20-700 (English Rose Med.)
HDT by Marilee Rockley, Yarnplayer, Size 20 (Raspberry Sorbet)

Clover Shuttles and
Custom shuttles by Rita at Shuttle By Design 




No comments:

Post a Comment